Banca IMI has long been one of Italy's main investment banks and one of the main M&A advisors in the country*. With an approach focused first and foremost on satisfying client requirements, and with an orientation to excellence, Banca IMI has built up significant expertise in executing corporate financing transactions, and has an in-depth understanding of both the financial markets and Italian industrial panorama.
Banca IMI proposes a broad and complete portfolio of advisory services, with respect to both the Italian and international markets. The principal services offered are:
- Financial advisory and support in the analysis of the financial sustainability and structuring of the transaction
- Strategic consulting and the search for new investors and/or partners
- Acquisitions and sales of companies and/or assets
- Mergers and spin-offs of shareholdings and/or other assets
- Financial and corporate restructuring
- Strategic partnerships and/or joint ventures
- Company and/or asset valuations (fairness opinions)
Banca IMI supports the client in all phases of the transaction, starting from the preliminary activities (market scouting, feasibility studies, strategic analysis, and definition of the different options for execution), and following through to actual execution (due diligence, structuring and financial optimization, support in the procurement of financial resources, and negotiation activity). Banca IMI is experienced in acting as project manager for entire transactions, organizing and coordinating the work of the entire project team (independent accounting firms; tax, legal, business and communications consultants; and other specialists).
Banca IMI operates through a Milan, Rome and London-based team of professionals with specific skills and in-depth knowledge of the market, with respect to both economic sectors (industrials, energy, telecommunications, media, technology, consumer & healthcare, real estate, financial institutions and infrastructure & government), and customer segments (small and mid-sized corporate, large corporate, financial institutions and private equity).
*Source: Thomson Reuters M&A League Table.